Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:51:24 -0600
Maybe it would be useful to discuss what would create an effective and
properly directed inspection service.

I'll start by saying that in Alberta, we have a prosperous bee industry
and a sharing culture and this was an absolute necessity to get to the
next stage where we have an extension/inspection service that is widely
respected and appreciated.

This culture did not come about by accident.  We had the usual negative,
fractious, selfish individuals constantly working to foment trouble, and
create divisions, but we also have been fortunate to have positive,
generous, inclusive individuals who were willing to lead and to set an
example.

It is surprising how quickly a little sunshine can drive back the clouds.

Once the industry culture becomes positive and healthy, the rest follows
naturally IMO.