Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2011 08:23:24 -0800
I just discovered a site this morning that purports to provide a free administration service for beekeepers, tracking apiary yards and their individual hives.   I did a quick test log-on and set up a trial yard.   My concern is the security of the information that is put into the program.  The management program itself looks to be very comprehensive and detailed.  Keeping such a program for administration purposes would seem to be very  advantageous.  Has anyone here on BEE-L looked at the site/program?  If so, what are your impressions?  Here is the introduction to0 the site:

Hive Tracks was born out of a passion for beekeeping.
Based in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, the Henson and Wilkes families
                            are the driving force behind it. We have extensive experience in both computer science
                            and beekeeping. Our goal is to provide a service to the US beekeeping community
                            which is unmatched in ease of use and value (its FREE!) More that just a website,
                            Hive Tracks is a powerful application where your beekeeping records are accessible
                            and secure.

The link to the home page is:  https://www.hivetracks.com/Default.aspx

Mike in LA