From:
Ivan McGill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 10:34:00 PST
>In a message dated 97-03-01 21:37:56 EST, [log in to unmask] (Tim
>Sterrett) write:
>
><< Questions about using division board feeders:
>
>        They seem to be wider than one frame.  Do people use them as a tenth
> frame with nine other brood comb frames?>>
>
>     It is easier to use them with 8 frames.  If you stick one in as the 10th
>frame, you have to have well cleaned frames, because it will be tight.  I
>used to have a bunch of singles made up more or less permanantly with a
>feeder.  But to pull out a frame in an existing hive and stick in a feeder is
>difficult.  It's hard to clean up the propolis of all the frame shoulders
>with bees in it.  You usually mash a few bees (might be the queen).

Hi:

If you have the time and the workshop one thing that can be done is make
some a little a little larger than the frame (but not much) it will not
hold as much but you can put in 9 frames. I made some a few years back with
masonite board with the rough side in, worked fine bees could get in and
out without drowning.