From:
"Frank I. Reiter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 08:06:33 -0400
Bob Harrison wrote:

> If I do to your satisfaction will you post  on your web site?

I am puzzled by this question Bob.  Do you doubt that he would?

I see the role of sceptic (a role that Allen fills well) as being a
valuable, even necessary one if we are to advance our knowledge.

There are more wrong ideas than right ones in the world.  All of science
happens by observing and testing, thinking up ideas that fit what we have
observed. and then rejecting the large majority of our ideas because the
testing does not bear them out.

When somebody says "Maybe small cells help to control varroa" that's a good
thing.  When somebody else asks for the evidence, that too is a good thing.

These two hypothetical people need not be adversaries just because one
questions the other.  I *like* to have my ideas challenged.  If they do not
stand up to scrutiny then I want to know that.

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://WWW.BlessedBee.ca