From:
Dave from Scranton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 21:35:45 -0500
On Thu, 1 May 1997, Kerry Clark of AGF 784-2225 fax (604) 784 2299 wrote:

>    It often puzzles (or embarasses) beekeepers that their bees seem to
>    prefer tainted water supplies (neighbour's chlorinated hot tub, seepage
>    from compost heaps, or worse) to the pure supply provided (sometimes
>    only after the habit of using the other source has been established).

        Before relocating to a spot where teh bees can see the swamp from
their door. I had them up in swimming pool land. To keep them away from
there I put a large plastic container (holds the live christmas tree in
the winter) about 30 fee from teh front of the hive with water and some
floats in it. The rain during the summer kept the levels pretty good adn
the sides of the container got fairly slimy inside by the end of the
summer.  They seemed to use it, I always found a few drowned bees in it.

Dave D. Cawley, Maitre d' |
The Internet Cafe         |
Scranton, Pennsylvania    |
(717) 344-1969            |