ENTOMO-L DISCUSSION LIST <ENTOMO-L@UOGUELPH>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 91 10:03:09 EST
        The one problem I see with resistent honeybees, is that honey could
become contaminated with pesticides more than it is at the present.  At least
now, some pesticides will kill foragers in the field before they recruit the
hive to a pesticide contaminated area.  Conversations at various meetings
indicate that wax is already comtaminated with some pesticides and that bees
are becoming resistant to some insecticides.
        I would like to know if anyone has looked at the extent of the
contamination of honey and wax by pesticides and how extensive it is.

        Ed Beary