From:
Michael Reddell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 25 May 1997 01:28:34 -0700
I generally try to have a smoker and hive tool in my car all during the
active beekeeping months, and for several years I had the unpleasant
strong odor of stale smoke lingering in the car.  I also tended to
misplace the hive tool. Then I stumbled onto a pretty nice solution to
the problem.  I found a surplus ammo box that was the exact size to fit
my smoker in.  It's 5.5"x10"x11" and air tight.  When I finish using the
smoker I drop it and a hive tool into the box and close it up.  The
smoker dies out quickly for lack of oxygen, and no smoke gets into my
car.  Then when I open the box, the unburned fuel is still ready to use
and my hive tool hasn't been misplaced.

This simple box has become one of my favorite beekeeping gadgets.

Michael Reddell
http://www.hotcity.com/~mwr