From:
Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2013 16:39:42 +1000
On 3/05/2013 1:28 AM, randy oliver wrote:

 > Has anyone on the list observed such a decline in windshield bugs
independent of the loss of host flora in the surrounding area?

I/We have had a decline in insects available for me to catch. This has
been by all methods I use, hand, net, and light.  I need them to be big
enough to handle as I use them to feed a blind sugar glider.  This is a
small omnivorous marsupial.  In this case I put it down to an extremely
dry spring/early summer.  Then again it may have been something else
entirely.  The subsequent wet weather did not seem to make up the
difference.  The year before was fine.  There was some decline in ground
flora due to the dry weather, but such things as grasshoppers still had
plenty of grass I would have thought.  The dry may have affected their
development.

Geoff Manning