From:
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:30:00 -0900
Hi Peter, & All,

> This is what I am talking about. What is in the honey that makes it ten
times as valuable as it normally would be?

Personal preference is what it has in it. Most beekeepers complain of not
getting enough price for the honey they work really hard for and then some
complain of other beekeepers making a bigger price for their honey than
normal. I see nothing wrong with beekeepers getting as much as they can get
for the honey they worked hard for. The higher priced honey in some cases
will make the under priced honey more attractive to buy for the consumer, Or
could make some consumers wonder if it's being sold so cheap there might be
something wrong with it, and maybe there is. But all of this is personal
preference. The honey I consume and harvest from my hives never comes in
contact with anything to hot, would be abnormal if it did.

> I wonder how these people would react to brown debris floating in their
milk?

If you're talking about raw milk, I think it's wonderful stuff, taste great,
consume it whenever I can get my hands on it.

> Honey sold at a price like that is snake oil.

On the other hand some people think that honey badly treated is snake oil.
again personal preference. Also we here in Alaska get a premium price for
our honey, heated or not, does that make it snake oil?

> I wouldn't eat that stuff and I wouldn't expect anyone else to.

One way of marketing verses another does no harm to anybody. What anyone
expects from others has very little to do with the real world, to each there
own. Why knock a good thing? Why alter a good thing?

Keith Malone
Chugiak, Alaska USA
http://takeoff.to/alaskahoney

Check out current weather in my area and 5 day forecast;
http://www.wx.com/myweather.cfm?ZIP=99654