From:
Bill Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 1996 22:11:22 -0400
As long as we are on the subject of beekeeping gloves, here is my own two
cents.

I generally don't use gloves, but I keep a set in my bee tool pail, and there
are times when using them makes the difference between being able to get a
necessary job done and getting chased away by a hyper-defensive colony.   I
have one such colony just now, and I don't think I could have split it into
more workable sections without gloves.   True, beekeeping gloves are clumsy,
but I don't try anything delicate with them.

Also, gloves should be worn when working with Apistan strips.

However, if a colony' behavior forces me to use gloves, that colony is marked
for requeening.   Beekeeping is supposed to be fun, and hyper-defensive
colonies are definitely not fun.

W. G. Miller
Gaithersburg, MD