From:
Vince Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 11:20:22 -0800
Jerry J Bromenshenk wrote:
> However, the issue here is not so much as to whether the idea is
> outstanding, but rather is it original.  Based on the information provided
> to date on Bee-L, the oil soaked waxed paper does not appear to be an
> original idea.  Others have used similar approaches and they deserve
> credit for the idea.

        While oil soaked whatevers have been used to control tracheal
mites, I am not aware of anyone who has successfuly controled varroa
this way. Also, the oils used have always been non-mineral types. I
think our question at this point should be if mineral oilis safe to use
inside a colony and if these results can be duplicated.