From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:26:39 -0700
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Migratory beekeepers paid for quarentine stupidity (while the package
shippers kept shipping packages with tracheal mites, varroa and now SHB)

Quarentines did not stop AHB!

Added to what Bob has written above, it is my belief that AHB genetics have been shipped by the package bee and queen bee producers that continue to ship open mated queens either by themselves or with packages and are located in areas that are infested with AHBs.  I think that has been going on for more than a few years now.  When, and if, I order packages or queens I will check to see if the producer is located in areas that lie within the AHB infested areas as indicated on current maps depicting the spread of the AHB.  There are some producers with very good reputations and very good bees, but open mated queens in AHB areas will be a no-no for me.

Mike in Alabama
They aren't here yet but I'm afraid it's just a matter of time.