From:
"Gordon L. Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 13:16:55 GMT
Phil Earle writes:

> The only treatment for varroa in the UK is bavarol strips, their use
> is detailed on the packet when you buy them.  There is no other legal
> treatment for varroa in the UK.

I believe this is not quite the full story.  Bayvarol is the  only
varroa  treatment  product  approved  for  sale  in the UK. We are
allowed to import *for our own use only*, other products  approved
elsewhere in Europe for the purpose.

This probably leaves us with the situation that the use  of  icing
sugar  for  varroa  treatment is actually illegal under the strict
definition of the  law.   Fortunately  I  doubt  anyone  would  be
charged with an offence ;-)

Regards,
--
Gordon Scott          [log in to unmask]   Compuserve 100332,3310
Basingstoke Beekeeper [log in to unmask]