From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 11:27:30 -0400
Hello all,
In reading the "Ventilator Response" by Gary Stearns on page 5 of the
Aug.2000 Bee Culture Gary puts forth a different method of living with
varroa from his standpoint.
Quote from Gary Stearns,Bee Cool Ventilators:
Another point to consider the varroa mite comes from the tropics(lots of
heat and humidity). What happens when you change their environment by
removing some of that heat and humidity? I do have the varroa(small
amount)in my hives and don't treat at all,and my bees survive the winters
and are very strong hives.
Is the Bee cool Ventilator a realistic tool in the IPM fight against varroa?
Bob Harrison
Missouri,U.S.