Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2017 09:30:31 -0400
> If you want to talk about who really abuses pesticide applications the
> first place you should start is turf use.  The amount of pesticides wasted
> on home lawns and golf courses is staggering and accomplishes nothing for
> the environment or quality of life for anyone.

Dick is right.

Even worse, follow the bans on pesticides and you will see that government
land and golf courses are nearly always exempt. Plus checks of drainage
water near them are also off the list. And landscape companies are allowed
"exemptions" if requested. Just read Ontario's ban on pesticides.

One commercial beekeeper I know only has major overwinter losses from
colonies near a golf course but is fine elsewhere.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine