Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2016 13:52:36 +0000
All the talk of drying honey while still capped in the comb does not address an additional issue  --  small hive beetle.  Where I live in Lower Alabama, if you put supers of capped honey into storage for more than a few days you have the excruciating problem of small hive beetle larvae fouling up your combs of honey.  Even if we can reduce the water content in capped honey in a drying room, we can't keep it there long enough to do that in the time period it takes.......I'm thinking the only way to reduce the moisture content in the honey is to extract it, store it in a container with a large surface area and keep it agitated, and then have that container in a heated storage room with a dehumidifier running.  That room would also have to be dust free in order to prevent incorporating air-born dust into the honey. Mike in LA