From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2016 08:48:11 -0400
> Its fine to look at old data and research,  its not fine to discount new things or results that don’t agree with your paradigm. Instead of discounting,  I find asking the right questions to be more valuable.

I didn't discount what you said, I simply asked for proof. That is the right question. These others went to a great deal of effort to positively identify the queens, get the numbers, and publish the results.

Personally, I don't have a "paradigm" unless it's that previous results stand unless newer, better work shows different results. Your report is what is called "anecdotal" and while it is impressive, it simply has to be taken with a grain of salt.

I work in the scientific field and is customary to call into question all methods, all results, etc. Unless the results are _reproducible_, they are regarded with justifiable skepticism.

I can't tell you how many times in 40+ years I have heard a beekeeper say "I did such and such and it seemed to work."

Pete B.