From:
Steve Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:23:31 -0400
From the article:
(http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=963779)

“The cost of the bee deaths to agriculture in Ontario was $54 million,
Guzman noted. That's nearly one-third of the total value of crops directly
associated with honeybee pollination.”

"Agriculture Canada pegs pollination as a $1-billion-a-year business
nationally - 10 times the value of honey produced."

Why do I get the feeling that these numbers sometimes just get plucked out
of thin the air?  Guess it's just the sceptic in me.

Steve Noble