Date:
Sat, 6 May 2000 20:18:27 -0400
Hello,
        I am a student in the 8th grade at the Parker Charter Essential
School.  I am currently studying activism issues, and I have chosen mosquito
spraying as an issue, for my research project.  One of the sources I need is
an interview or similar correspondence, and I thought I might be able to
satisfy this by asking the BEE-L.  I am myself a beekeeper, which is why I
am interested in this issue.  Some interview-type questions I can give you are:

        Have you or are you planning to protest the spraying, or try to stop
the spraying in any way?  (it need not be a holding-signs-by-the-Statehouse
type of thing)  If so, in what ways did/would you do this?

        How would you propose that the mosquito problem be dealt with otherwise?

        Is this only a bad thing from a beekeeper's standpoint, or might it
do things like kill off natural predators of mosquitoes?

        Any information would be gladly accepted, but I should have it
before this Wednesday at the latest.  I hope this is not too short notice.
If anybody could tell me about other sources I might find, please do!

        Kendra Brown
        8th Grader
        Francis W. Parker Charter Essential School, Devens, Mass.