From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:15:00 EDT
No quotes since the whole passage is relevant and I don't want this binned!
Basically what Brother Adam was looking for is the same as what I lok for;
there  is no point in a bee which has to waste energy on winter flight, so they
need to  be able to go long periods without a poo. At the same time, I want
bees which  will winter economically without needing to be fed, and build up well
in spring,  to reach maximum strength by early June.

The big diffeence, of course, is that Brother Adam thought the native
British bee was extinct, and looked for useful stock elsewhere, whoich could be  c
ombined into the perfect hybrid. I regard this as a fundamental strategic
error, and find what I want in the native bee!

Regards,

Robert Brenchley