From:
Wayne Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 18:23:06 -0400
Hi George,and list,

Today was certainly a pretty day for the bees to get out,and fly around to
check things out. Today I saw something that I haven`t figured out yet.
I haven`t seen a thing that the bees could find pollen in,but they were
finding some from something.I did notice a little bright orange pollen
which I was pleased to see.I went back after lunch to check things out a
while longer,and noticed a fair amount of bees bringing in what looked to
be black pollen.This pollen is really dark colored as compared to the light
blue pollen that I sometimes see in the spring.

Do you have any idea what plant the dark black pollen might come from?I
have never really figured out the blue pollen either.

My bees did winter well.If I can find some help I think it is about time to
put the queen ,and her followers back down to the bottom on the bottom
board.The bees didn`t really want to feed from the feeder as well as they
would if they were all at the same level.

I did notice a little robbing going on today. It may not be a big deal,but
I just don`t won`t them to do it. I guess I feel that they are like a bunch
of crooks.I hate people that are crooks,so maybe for the same reason I
don`t want my bees doing it either.

My thermometer got up to around 64 degrees in the sun today.I really could
hardly imagine that.

I write you personally later with my phone # .

Bye    Wayne Young