From:
Stellio Matson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2015 21:23:38 -0700
> This and the previous study I posted has changed my stance on Neonics.
> I still feel they are safe for honeybees but it's becoming very clear they
> are impacting other life forms negatively.

It's not clear to me there are significant negative impacts because the
researchers continue to resist doing true real world field studies involving
actual farmers fields rather than university test plots.

Like why don't they do simple things like systematically walking
through fields of canola with a sweep net that were grown by farmers
who used coated vs uncoated seed to compare the abundance and diversity
of the pollinating insects that are captured?

Why don't they mount insect glue traps in the same treated vs untreated
fields to gain additional abundance and diversity data?

Why don't they mount electric light traps in treated vs untreated fields
to gain still more abundance and diversity data with a focus on noctural
pollinators?

Why don't they trap soil dwelling insects and earthworms in a systematic
fashion in fields grown from coated vs uncoated seed to see if there is a
consistent and significant difference?

Paul Cherubini
El Dorado, Calif.