Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2010 12:55:42 -0500
>Geez Allen, that's quite a broad dismissive sweep there. ;-)  I have to take issue with you on this one. I don't think it's quite as black and white as you suggest.

Language can be ambiguous, and the clauses indicating specific potentially liniting conditions could be (mis)interpreted as indicating universality -- the opposite of what I meant.  I try hard to write clearly, but it is hard to know what words mean to others.

I think you actually might agree with me if you read my comments in way they were meant, and thought about it.  I am certainly not suggesting anything is black and white.  In fact, I was responding the what I perceived as a suggestion that it might be.

As other posters since have indicated, opinions in these matters are value judgements often as not.

And, as Andy used to say, "Opinions are not facts..."