From:
Tom Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 1996 20:27:11 -0400
Al Needham, I like your attitude about the sanctity of lilve in all its
forms. Only this morning I was with an Algonquin lady who is very deout in
her bekuefs stemming from her Native American background. We talked at length
about her feeling of the right to life and after life for all God's
creatures. Where does man get the idea that the world is for man and man
alone? Im not sure about the Christian ethic towards animals insects etc, but
the thought that man in created in God'simage and that all other life forms
are not., really chills me. The beauty and creativity of the smallest life
forms required just as much of God's efforts as human. Yes. we can see that
man has evolved in a most rapid form  but then the fundamentalllist
willbelieve that man did not evolve but was created as is. All this is very
confusing. But I do agree that we do not have the right to destroy other life
forms
'