From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 14:43:49 -0400
      OLd Drone wrote concerening Drone foundation.
>colored, and you name it. It works great, but if you do not have
>excluders you could end up rearing a lot more drones in the spring and
>today this would translate to a lot more Varroa Mites as they are said
>to prefer drone brood over worker.
>
>I can not tell you if this is so or not, but am sure that the varroa
>mites DO prefer the drones that are reared between the supers in double
>hives without excluders and suspect it is because it is warmer.

I question this statement. Why? We know that Varroa prefer drone cells, but
only because of the longer gestation, but does it mean they produce more
offspring.
 Is there any proof to the validity of Andys statement?

   * David Eyre          9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,  *
   * The Beeworks,    Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1. *
   * [log in to unmask]      705-326-7171 *
   * http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks           *
   *  Agents for: E H Thorne &  B J Sherriff UK. *