From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2018 16:10:28 +0000
"Does anyone know of a published research paper looking at optimum re-treatment intervals for Oxalic vaporization?"

Does it not depend on time of year and what is going on in the hive?  If treated when broodless you are going to kill some high % of the total mites.  And, if broodless what difference does the interval make as no new mites are being raised?  Plus, if broodless due to cold what impact does the tightness of the cluster have on % of mites killed?

If they have brood Randy's mite model says interval does not matter.  All that matters is the number of independent treatments as at any given time only 25%+/- of the mites are exposed.  So, you need a long enough interval for mites in brood to emerge between treatments or the treatments are not independent.

All in all thinking there is some magic "ideal" interval seems to me to be kidding yourself.  Too much depends on factors you can not control.  For reasons like I listed above I do not expect to ever see an academic study on ideal treatment intervals as no ideal interval will ever exist.  It is hard to get a paper published that says no ideal interval exists.

Dick