From:
Nick Wallingford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 20:52:17 +1300
The old Texas German beekeeper I first worked with, Papa Max
Bachofen, used to throw a small handful of iodised salt over the top
bars in the spring.  Claimed the iodine and other minerals helped in
brood rearing in the spring.

Also memory of Russian research re: the use of iodine and cobalt in
queenrearing?

> I received an inquiry about beekeepers using iodine crystals.  I seem to
> remember some reports of dosing water with minerals, etc

  (\      Nick Wallingford
  (/      NZ Beekeeping http://www.beekeeping.co.nz

'Order' files from an autoresponder...
NZ Bkpg: Surv to Establish EFB Free Status?  Email to: [log in to unmask]