From:
Lennard Pisa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2013 05:16:59 +0000
For an academic(ly minded) scientist GLP/GMP tends to be nasty. Having your work checked by others directly, having all kinds of seemingly unneccesary training and filing/listing of actions. It seemed synonymous with tedious, overdone administration and for me GLP has been a reason to serioulsy loose interest in and quit jobs in the past.  However, years have passed in which I saw more labs and institutions and went back to the university. I now miss GLP.  For example, GLP assures that the equipment IS calibrated ALL THE TIME and that people who are not officially trained on it do not lay their porky fingers on it. I can rely on fridges working properly with all "incidents" being documented. All reagents ARE correctly labeled with correct expiry dates on them, otherwise they are thrown out. And instead of having to decypher or worse find missing experimental data it will be readable and filed correctly.  It does improve quality of everybody's work.  Lennard