From:
STEMHobby CED <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:40:07 -0400
Hello,

We are conducting a study of science hobbyists as part of a National
Science Foundation Grant.  We need your help getting the request to
participate out to your organization.

Would you be willing to either send the study information below to the
members of the BEE-L list (via email or newsletter)?

If you are willing to send this information to your membership, please
respond to this email and let us know. Studies like this one would not be
possible without the kindness of people like you to help us with
recruitment.

If you have any questions about this study, please read the below
information and feel free to contact me for further details.

Sincerely,
Elysa Corin
Research Assistant

Dr. Gail Jones
Professor
Science, Technology, Education, and Mathematics Education Department
North Carolina State University

<> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <>
<> <>
*Email to Survey Participants*

Are you a science hobbyist?

We need your help with a new National Science Foundation sponsored research
study that will investigate the characteristics and educational experiences
of people who are active in science hobbies. More and more people are
engaging in science hobbies; schools and science centers would like to know
more about the characteristics of science hobbyists and how these
organizations might better support hobbyists’ networking and education.

What will happen if you take part in the study?

The information gained from this research can help science educators and
researchers understand how to better teach science in schools and museums,
and how to design better community-based science programs. Participation in
this study is voluntary. Information you provide will be anonymous. If you
complete the survey, you may elect to enter a drawing for a $100 Target
gift card.

*Click on this link when you are ready to complete the survey:*
** <http://ncsu.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_7OOsR9G0Pkp5I2N>*
http://tinyurl.com/NCSUhobbysurvey*

<> <>