From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2018 08:26:07 -0500
Klein, Alexandra-Maria, et al. "Relevance of wild and managed bees for human well-being." Current Opinion in Insect Science (2018).

> With comprehensive literature searches, we first identified ten important bee species for global pollination of crops, which include wild and managed honey bees, bumble bees, orchard-horn, cucumber-horn and long-horn bees. We second summarized bee-dependent ecosystem services to show how bees substantially contribute to food security, medical resources, soil formation or spiritual practices ...

Hmm. Not sure what they mean by that. A quick search on "bees" & "spiritual practices" turned up this:

> A patch of garden not much bigger than an average living room graced my life with dozens of wild herbs ("weeds") alongside the plants I chose for it, and brought five different kinds of bees, each with its own habits, to nourish their hives and my spirit. All these creatures have lessons to teach the Druid.

> The door to nature is thus much closer than it looks, and the hallucinatory unreality of modern industrial culture is at least as much a matter of selective inattention as anything else -- the "mind-forg'd manacles" William Blake described in his poetry. It takes time, patience, and effort to break through that habit of inattention, but the results repay the costs many times over.

from The Druidry Handbook: Spiritual Practice Rooted in the Living Earth By John Michael Greer