From:
bill bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2007 16:55:48 -0400
I was tasked to clean up an observation hive. I tried WD40, carburetor cleaner, starting fluid (ether) and alcohol. The glass is the hardest to clean. In my case it was plexiglass. I always thought plexiglass was safer than glass. (1/4 inch) As with everything, there are pluses and minuses. You can try to scrap off as much as you can with a plastic tool (knife). All the above work. The carburetor cleaner worked best. The other three I thought were right close. Then you have to take into consideration what is the safest to work with. Or maybe what you have on hand. That may be the alcohol. Whichever you use it will still take some elbow grease. I still need to wash it down with some soap and water and then a little paste wax on the outside wooden parts.

Bill Bartlett