From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 1995 05:17:34 -0600
On Thu, 18 May 1995, Jean-Marie Van Dyck wrote:

<snip>
> In your breeding area, the next cases could happen :
> Dumped laying workers get in ...
>
>  1/ a nuc with queen cells and they destroy them !

This reminds me. .  .

We always (when we remember) put JZBZ cell protectors on queen cells as
soon as they are capped.  It saves a lot of grief -- ie. splits made, nucs
ready, or whatever, and then you go to get the cells to find them destroyed
due to a stray queen at the last minute.

I never hear this practice recomended.  Why?

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                        VE6CFK
Rural Route One   Swalwell   Alberta   Canada  T0M 1Y0
Email:   [log in to unmask]    or   [log in to unmask]
Futures, Art & Honey:http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~dicka