From:
Ted Wout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 14:33:21 -0400
Cesar Flores <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>Does anyone know how to rewax plastic duragilt panels for reuse after
peeling
off  the old comb?<<

Since there is no imprint of honeycomb on the plastic, bees will not draw
out "bald" Duragilt.  This has been a topic of discussion on this list in
the past.  Many got on the anti-Duragilt bandwagon for this reason.  There
were however some staunch supporters of Duragilt.  I believe that there may
be some management hints that some of the pro-Duragilt folks may be able to
give you.  Barry, are you out there?<grin>

My opinion is that it's best to prevent the bald spots in the first place
by not using Duragilt.  Use something like Permadent or Plasticell.
There's also a new plastic foundation called RiteCell from Mann-Lake.  Has
anyone on the list tried this yet?  If so, have you got an opinion?

Ted Wout
Red Oak, TX