From:
Harry Goudie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 07:54:37 +0100
Much  of Scotland is varroa free and moving bees to the heather from varroa
infested areas is not a good idea!  The flowering time varies from area to
area in is dependant on conditions.  You are usually told to get the bees on
the heather by the 12 th August but, in my area, if you left it this late
you would have missed most of the crop.  I usually take the honey off during
the second week in September.  I got no heather honey last year due to
heather beetle but it is looking good at the moment.
Harry

---