From:
Gene Ash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2018 17:25:25 -0700
a Pete B snip
I have been to Slovenia and seen Carniolans in their native habitat. I also worked with the breeder in California who sold the Golden Italians.

my comments and question..
Mr larger question Pete is there is much talk on this thread concerning 'characteristics' and I do not have any idea if the author or person making the comment is referencing multiple qualities or simply color? I do get the idea that folks who have seen or worked these 'races' of bees in the old world look at many more qualities than just color and on the other hand us US born beekeepers often get a bit distracted at the one obvious quality of color.. then perhaps at spring build up if and only if they have bees in colder climates...

Personally I think the tread is informative and do not understand the moaning and groaning by some....

just my two cents..

Gene in California enjoying the fine weather and thankful I am not in Texas where the temperature spike to 107 today..