Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2018 10:01:36 -0400
> And to circle back to the original point of this thread - there’s a reason
> why editors exist. To help authors shape their words to reach their target
> audience. Let’s all remember that - the Delete key is all too easy to use,
> :-(

Actually, the original point was the disclaimer, which had zero to do with
shaping words. The posts by the editor in this thread explaining herself
were more in explaining that she was looking at the science and disagreed
with it, hence the disclaimer.

Were it all about shaping words and meeting a target audience, there wold
have been no thread and no issue.

As far as where this series of posts has gone, I have come to the
conclusion that no one is really reading what the other person is saying,
which, at least for me who has little else to do after my operation, is
very entertaining. I especially enjoy the pontificating -

> pon·tif·i·cate

*verb*

> gerund or present participle: *pontificating*
> pänˈtifiˌkāt/
>
>    1. 1.
>    express one's opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and
>    dogmatic.
>
> I was happy I was able to participate, to a small degree.

What is really enjoyable is that often in the posts, if you actually read
them, the rebuttals tend to agree more that they disagree..In some cases
they start out one way and end the exact opposite.

As noted, this has been a fun thread. Helps keep my mind off the pain in my
ass by reading some who are doing fine propagating that milieu.

prop·a·gate
> ˈpräpəˌɡāt/
> *verb*
> 2.spread and promote (an idea, theory, etc.) widely
>

> mi·lieu
> milˈyo͞o,milˈyə(r)/
> *noun*
>
>    1. a person's social environment.