Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2017 15:43:41 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (10 lines)
>>>  Clean Water Rule’s critical protections<><><>  Seems like both sides, environmentalists and commercial business interests, should get together and make an effort to modify the laws to reach an agreeable middle ground for all interests.  With both sides butting heads and no modifications being allowed by either side nothing seems to be accomplished except inciting rising tempers on both sides.   I have a field that is adjacent to a holler that has a small stream at the bottom.  Most of the time rain soaks in and permeates down through the soil layers to drain into the underground aquifer if it gets that deep.  However, during heavy, lengthy downpours the soil becomes saturated and what doesn't run off to the lower ground of the holler goes partially into the soil and then filters back out of the hillside adjacent to the field and thence into the stream.   So....   I can appreciate the concerns of environmentalists about runoff.  But further away from the field and the holler I'm wondering how much subsoil water percolates back out into the stream.      I'm thinking there is still a lot of study that needs to be done about the action of rainfall in the spreading of contaminates into our streams.   How many of us take periodic samples from our streams and additional samples after heavy rains to determine what, exactly, is getting into our streams.  Seems like that is something we could all do if we had a testing facility to evaluate our samples and document easily understandable results onto our regional maps. Mike in LA

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2