From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 07:54:31 -0700
Hi to all on BEE-L

Dave Cushman wrote:
I myself am convinced there is something in it, but feel
that the establishment has decided that the phenomena, as
observed, and as reported widely by the Lusbys, is due to
AHB or similar genes, and as such is not worth further
effort in research.

Bob is a fan of SMR... This has it's part to play, no
doubt, but is not the'holy grail' either.

Allen Dick raised these points...

> I'm sure we all have our doubts and reservations about
the
> role of 4.9 cell size in Lusbys still incomplete success
(They still have to prove they can make honey).  We will
each have to prove -- or disprove -- this whole thing for
ourselves in our own context.

Reply:
Hi Dave, being no union card member like you, and only
believing that there are yellow bees and black bees, and
big bees and small bees, and artificially
enlarged/artificially bred complex mongrel bees vs natural
honeybees, I find it good there are only two main thoughts
that I need to pay attention to!

Namely, the actual identification by analysis of our bees
through DNA to pinpoint what they actually are if
researchers ACTUALLY can and DESIRE to do so; and to make a
honey crop to satisfy you.

We are now in an Arizona State declared worst drought in
over 100 years right now, but non-the-less we are now
taking honey with our bees, while others in our area are
not, but an El Nino is projected in this fall.

So knowing the speed, analysis is done for accuarcy for ID
of honeybees these days, and needing rain for plants to
grow for a wet year for honey gathering, I shall have to
report back to you on both of these two areas you question
in your mind. But I will report back and hopefully sooner
then later.

Any other areas in your mind I need to pay attention to?

Regards,

Dee A. Lusby