Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:29:46 GMT
>>we should not forget all the other bees either, that we do not seem
to know so much about.

I think the other pollinators are certainly criticallly important
where there are few honeybees.  And I must say that even when there
are plentiful honeybees, other pollinators are critically important
since honeybees primarly focus on blooms with the greatest economical
return.

There are many plants that don't get a second look from honeybees
that rely on bumblebees, solitary bees, wasps etc for pollination.
Honeybees don't help these plants.

Waldemar
Long Island, NY