From:
Kelley Rosenlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 11:57:25 -0500
>> I wonder what method they use to separate
>>the propolis.  I have been keeping my cover scrapings and any big lumps of
>>pure propolis separate as I find it a wonderful cure for sore throat.  The
>>beekeeper from Surinam who visited me used propolis mats under his covers
>>and sold propolis to a Dutch pharmaceutical company for $15 a pound.  Their
>>beekeeper's coop also makes a tincture of propolis (15%) that they market
>>locally.

When the runny noses and sore throats started last fall I started the habit
of breaking a chunk of propolis off whenever working hives and chewing it. I
believe it has helped prevent me from getting colds this year. Sort of a
bee-made pill!

God Bless,
Kelley Rosenlund  [log in to unmask]
Gainesville, Florida, U.S.A., Phone:352-378-7510
200 hives, almost 2 years in beekeeping. 8 frame deeps,shallows.