From:
Dave from Scranton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 10:08:53 -0500
        I have two hives right next to each other, maybe a foot or two
apart. I've been working the Starlines, then the Midnites when I go out.
I've noticed the Midnites seem to be a little more aggressive than the
Starlines. They seem to come right upoff the frames at me. The first few
times I worked the hives, both colonies seemed to ignore me altoghter,
now the Midnites seem more aggressive. I haven't tried working them in
reverse yet, I'll try that next time.
        Could it be that they are smelling the alarm pheromones of the
other hive when I squash a few while putting it back together? Or could
they be smelling the other hive on my gloves?

Dave D. Cawley, Maitre d' |
The Internet Cafe         |
Scranton, Pennsylvania    |
(717) 344-1969            |