From:
K&W Jarrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:51:44 -0700
Brian,
Very well said again,
I think what you will find here is beekeepers, some even old, way behind the curve. I have got many e-mails on this pollen feeding-almond article (OCT A.B.J) I co-wrote with my good friend Randy.
Many crying beekeepers with no bees in their boxes from last year are now wanting more info on how I feed pollen and my recipes, imagine that.
I think maybe even survival mode is in place at times.They can only see the sort term with no long range plan.
I do not know one CA keeper that has small hive beetle. I've talk to many keepers for my A.B.J report most are friends and not one has it (75,000 hives).
I think their self interest is more important than the industry.
It's funny to listen to others, as out-staters flooded the almond market and made a good size mess of CA and then leave.Then they cry about getting back in.
Well enough said, for those of you who get the ABJ please take the time to read our article on almonds.
Thanks to all

P.S If you want to stop aids, do you try to slow the spreading while you hunt for the cure or do you stick your head in a bucket of sand and hope it goes away.

Keith Jarrett
CA