From:
Michael Bassett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:38:28 -0500
>How will the cold spell affect the buds which are open?
>
>The buds about to open?

>Bob Harrison

we had the same thing happen last year in Massachusetts. The oak trees
were just budding out and that killed the buds and no accorns. Most
everything else that was open went the same way, some plants that were not
open but close failed some didn't. all in all It seemed to be a lousy spring
but then again the winter was so hard the hives were behind in the spring
anyway so it was hard to tell which caused the most problem. I would guess
you could test the buds like you test the ones on your apple trees?

mike bassett