Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 10:55:04 -0400
As the possibility of getting hit by Hurricane Fran grows by the hour we
reflect on the damage that my husband's (Pollinator) bees suffered after
Hurricane Hugo seven years ago.  It seems that the real losses to his bees
weren't from the wind and the rain.  Rather the losses came from the mosquito
spraying followed by waxworms which ate up all the good comb after the bees
were killed off.  Therefore, we encourage all of you who are so inclined to
pray for the bees in the areas that will be hit.

I offer this prayer for consideration:

Father God,
We acknowledge that this Hurricane is only one small part of your creation.
 But in spite of ourselves and our limited faith, we tremble in fear when we
find ourselves in it's path.  Protect us with your hand, your feathers, or
your angels.

Protect, too, your bees.  Be in the thinking of those who would work on
behalf of the suffering people after the hurricane.  Cause those who will be
spraying for mosquitoes to remember the importance of the bees and make them
mindful of the safe times to spray so the bees will be protected.  And where
humankind fails, please intervene on behalf of our bees.

We are too willing to stand in fear of your power in the face of the
hurricane, yet forget that you have just as much power to protect.  You are
not a powerless God.  We stand in awe.    Amen.