From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2008 11:44:58 -0600
Kirk said:
I know for a fact, as I have talked first hand with packers, who find ppb
(parts per billion) of miticides and antibiotics in honey(almost all beeks)
and don't reject the loads if it isn't over the top.

I also have heard the same.  A tolerance exists for the level allowed for
Fluvalinate, Amatraz and coumaphos in honey. Over those allowed levels is
supposed to be rejected but who is looking.
certain levels of approved antibiotics is allowed but not antibiotics such
as chloramphenical or cipro. All honey containing even PPB are supposed to
be rejected but who is looking right.
.
>With the measuring devices able to detect undesirable things in honey at
almost the molecular level,

I agree.

 What I do not care for is a bureaucrat saying not to worry about long term
drinking in my case water contaminated with ag chemicals. My water is so I
drink bottled water. As I said before in a prior post my local water dept.
employees cringe when I walk in and see all the ladies at the water dept.
drinking bottled water. I always say:
our water is so contaminated you gals have to drink bottled water?

bob