Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2017 06:46:44 -0400
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-03/uota-ooa031017.php

The article tells us that another factor in CCD is the three times a year
feeding of antibiotics to bees by beekeepers. I have never heard of this
practice but maybe that is the way it is done in Texas.

I did not read the actual study but hope that it was better than the
article suggests. Lots of holes. The biggest failing was to treat bees
outside the hive then reintroduce them to the hive. Guaranteed to have
issues because of the way bees transfer nectar in the hive. BTW, same thing
happens to people who are treated with antibiotics and then are confronted
with bad bacteria in hospitals. C dift. This was a study in search of the
obvious.

Better would have been to treat an entire colony and compare it to an
untreated one over time.

I have a major issue with any study that has "CCD" in it since it is a
specific set of symptoms and not a blanket term for colony deaths. Bad
science.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine