From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2014 03:59:24 +0000
Hi Jerry,

You are right, we have strayed from the cringeworthy work of Dr. Lu.

I'm puzzled as to how he got two papers like this through peer review....sigh.  His studies aren't worth spending any more time on.

The complexity of the situation in the field is confounding.  Even a simple study that aims to compare, for example, colony performance on two different crops is very difficult to set up due to all the variables.   Perhaps we need more coordinated observation and less experimentation "in the field".?   Your work with hive acoustics is along these lines.

With better baseline information, maybe experiments could be more intelligently set up.

Christina