From:
j h & e mcadam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 22:52:22 +0900

>Where are you located?
>What kind of roaches?
>What's the weather like?
>
>FWIW, I'm in Texas, and don't yet own bees, but when dry summer weather
>comes, wood roaches migrate to places where they can find shelter and
>moisture. They are large, reddish-to-dark-brown and they fly. During dry
>spells they'll come into the house, but normally they'd rather be in a nice
>moist rotten log outdoors.

Down in Oz we have two types of cockroach (that I recognize anyway).  One is
the house cockroach which also occasionally turns up in the honey shed but
the one I encounter in the hives is much larger with clearly segmented back
and a very dark brown.  My research indicates that this is known in
Australia as the American cockroach (right or wrong?)

Betty McAdam
HOG BAY APIARY
Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island
J.H. & E. McAdam<[log in to unmask]
http://kigateway.eastend.com.au/hogbay/hogbay1.htm

Why not visit the South Australian Superb Websites Ring?
http://kw.mtx.net/sawebring/sawebring.html