From:
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:43:14 -0700
At 11:06 AM 2/28/02 -0500, you wrote:
>As for the life of the wood, I am considering soaking the frames in food
>grade mineral oil.  (My top bars are soaked in it anyway.)  This should
>help preserve the frames.

I have never seen the wood of any frame deteriorate inside a hive that has
bees in it.  We have 30+ yr old frames.  Remember, you have propolis and
wax throughout.  I've seen broken frames and frames damaged by wax moth,
but unless you leave the frames out in the weather, you will see a patina
develop on old wood in a hive.  Be careful of getting to helpful, the bees
know what they are doing.