From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2008 22:56:44 -0500
Bob said:
> The similarities between "disappearing disease" and CCD are eerily
> similar. Actually almost exactly the same!

Direct quote
From the same ABC XYZ pg.215

"The following symptoms are those most commonly associated  with the
condition called "disappearing disease"

1. Most or all cases of of "disappearing disease" occur during the fall or
spring.

bob
Sounds like "CCD" to me

2.Affected colonies die out with plenty of honey and pollen stores available

bob
sound like CCd to me

3. Most of the bees die away from the hive in the field

Wow sure sounds like CCD symptoms to me

4. Affected colonies are queen right

wow exactly like reported CCD

Jeff Pettis (National convention)
" we have not got a clear picture as to the cause of CCD"

bob